The deadline for submission of abstracts for PSSC’s One Social Science Journal has been EXTENDED.
Due to restrictions brought about by the pandemic, the Philippine Social Science Council has decided to update its call for papers and open a call for extended abstract (approx. 700-1000 words) instead.
One Social Science Journal is now accepting studies and other scholarly works in the fields of political science, linguistics, psychology, sociology, public administration, communication, anthropology and other related disciplines. For the initial volume, the Journal is inviting contributions from researchers, professionals, and students on any aspect of ethics and data privacy, including, but not limited to the following:
- the changing boundaries of what is ethical;
- intersection of culture and ethics;
- content and impact of Philippine statutes and regulations on ethics and data privacy; role and effectiveness of the National Privacy Commission;
- ethical principles and practices of major professions/sectors (e.g., social sciences, medical/health sciences, media/journalism, law and government, education, business, science and technology) and academic/research institutions;
- grassroots and indigenous perspectives on ethics/data privacy;
- ethical misconduct and privacy infractions by governments and powerful corporations;
- plagiarism and predatory conferences and journals, and
- decision-making on ethical dilemmas and challenges.
As a multidisciplinary social science journal, each contributor is expected to bear social science tools and perspectives that foster dialogues across social disciplines to analyse the issue in-depth. All manuscripts must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15 October 2020 (Thursday) and will be double-blind reviewed.
One Social Science Journal is the official refereed journal of the Philippine Social Science Council (PSSC). It publishes research papers from social science scholars and practitioners on a diverse range of issues affecting the Philippines and its people. The Journalis published annually.